I stumbled upon an article about power dressing and thought the list could be useful one day (especially for my daughter who will be hunting for a job a few months from now).
Build your wardrobe with the following basic items:
1. Black jacket or a well-fitting blazer
2. Black pants (not pleated)
3. Black skirt (slightly above or grazing the knee)
4. Inner tops (white/khaki/gray/light blue shirt that can be worn with pants or skirt). You can also invest on some tank tops, knit tops, striped baby t-shirts
5. Accessories ( beads, dainty chokers, silver jewelry, pearls)
6. Black heeled loafers
7. Black boxy nylon bag (not to0 big but just roomy enough to store your essentials)
8. Makeup or Kikay kit (may contain eyebrow pencil, nude or brown lipstick, eye curler and mascara, face powder)
Buy the items that you need on a buy-when-can-afford basis. They need not be expensive. You can always look for cheaper but quality pieces in local shops.
Photos are all mine and have been published on this blog.